Jun 20, 2016
Today we’re talking with Jeanne Allert, Founder and Executive Director of The Samaritan Women. Jeanne shared the trials and lessons learned from starting a nonprofit from scratch in an area that has low awareness and is often not a welcomed subject in many groups – victims of sex trafficking. Her calling lead her through many challenges including developing the right staff, developing a new program around a difficult issue, and learning how to deal with and engage others in an uncomfortable topic. The key points covered in this podcast discussion are:
• To Achieve Success You Have to be Comfortable in the Unknown
• Staying Upbeat Requires Intentional Community Building
• Uncomfortable Topics Require Persistence and Flexibility
• Don’t Panic When Starting Something New: Take Time to Find the Right People
• When the Going Gets Tough, Stay Focused
Visit www.SocialGoodInstigators.com to find the podcast, transcript, and to sign up to receive notifications as new episodes are released (every two weeks).